Saturday 24 August 2013

Stamping + Glitter Disaster

A cautionary tale of over designing


I knew from the beginning I wanted this to be a blog for me, to show my improvement and what not...
So I feel its only right I show off when I have a disaster too.

Thank you Ebay finallllly got my hands on OPI Absolutely Alice!!!! - excellent what on earth can I go with this...

Experiment time!





Barry M Matte White
Barry M Gelly Guava
Barry M Gelly Plum

These should go nicely with this polish, I thought,what could go wrong, I thought




















The addition of stamping, that's what...
I painted 2 coats of  White on my middle 3 fingers
and 1 coat of each the Purple and the blue....so far fine and dandy =]

nice ombre nail in the center.... beautiful

So for the first time ever I sat down with a theme in my head (Alice in Wonderland) and got a planning
my early plan had me painting Absolutly Alice over plain nails except my ring finger I would do a swirly partern....wait a second don I have a swirly stamp plate???? (this was my first mistake)
so out came the stamp plates...ooohhh thisone llooks a little like a bottle - I could add drink me to it
oooh I dont have a cake I could use for eat me.... ooof cupcake- perfect agian
mmm a key there was a key in that scene I guess I could free hand a lock hole no RESULT I have a key stamp tooo and so the design was coming along nicely





Gradient Stamping.... never tried this before ring finger went gorgeous but my pointy (index) finger the design I chose was little and fiddly so I thought ahhh ill just layer it
it look fine the glitter will cover the imperfections (next mistake)

NOT ALICE ENOUGH!!!


 
Cup cake with wiggly EAT ME =] yumyum             and the drinks bottle - DRINK ME sure why not

 And here was the downfalll


I added the glitter - well this glitter is SOOOO densly packed it did not just cover the imperfections it basically covered up the design as well =[=[=[

sooooo after trying to fix it and stamping on the top I found this to be a massive fail too- OPI Absolutely Alice does NOT dry fast

ANYWAY

Alice does (as I originally thought) look fabbbb over the Plum - the dark purple background realllly makes the blue glitter POP and overr the Guava it looks lush - njot only does the blue look great the lighter blue blackground blends theblue glitter slightly and the gold stands out amazinggggggg

all in alll this was an experiement that I guess suceeded becuase I found out that Alice looks gre t over solid colours and perhaps over gradient and terrible over anyting else!!!!

1 comment:

  1. its not too bad for s first try! well done :) mine was terrible!

    galorious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete