Thursday 1 August 2013

Colour Changing Polish

Clicking about on ebay the other day to find some new gel colours and I came across some colour changing polish... Surely not I thought to myself so I read some reviews and it seemed perfectly legit. So my first port of call is to tell my sister about them, so we can discuss which of the colours we should try, the next thing I know I am at her front door collecting not 1 but 2 bottles from the postman. She has a bigger ebay problem than me (I am almost sure after trying these colours she has ordered some more)




SO Review time.

I painted these on my sisters nails first for 3 reasons
1. she bought the polish I thought it was only fair I manicure her nails first
2. she doesn't have acrylic nails on - I still do
3. even with out fake nails my hands are often in a constant state of icy cold so I was unsure how it would work on me!!



Painting on her hot hot hands was hard because the polish went almost clear when applied 3 coats and cures later I realised that this was just how it would look because her hands where warm from the lamps. To be honest I quite liked the creamy white that the hot pink polish gave.



I then made her run her hands under cold water when we where finished and like magic the colour changed. It was amazing to watch if you're as nerdy as I am. The black was super shiny and the pink super vibrant. although not chosen to go together they two complimented each other perfectly.


After letting them settle a minute or two the beds warmed up and gave the french look ebay promised. These polishes are not only super fun they are as shiny and hard wearing as I have come to expect from gels. The do change colour through out the day (especially if you hold a cup of tea or icy water and press your nails into your cup or glass to watch them change colour as I have been doing.)




Of course I wanted to try it on my nails after the success of my sisters, now there is a joke in my house that I am clinically dead but no one has pronounced it. So applying this polish on my icy cold hands was much easier because it went on coloured. not content I grabbed a black and pink polish and stamped a simple zebra print up my nails. (I was going out that night and I knew my hands would probably get hot hot hot in the club. After about half an hour warming my hands on a cuppa and in the sun they finally warmed up enough to change the polish colour.





I am super happy with this and cant wait to try more

Products:

Stamps: Barry M Black and Rimmel salon Pro Kate (I'll hopefully get round to publlishing the review of that in a few days)

The gel polish was from a brand called Bluesky





No comments:

Post a Comment