Monday 5 August 2013

Simplicity

Today's manicure came after having a few days off. Every time I tried something on my sisters or my nails it just went phooey so I decided if blogging isn't fun stop! (Hammertime!! - no I can't help myself).

WARNING: this one is words, I got very carried away explaining myself




My OPI Wizard of OZ I Theodora You was staring at me so I slapped it on with out really knowing where I was going with it. On my accent (ring finger) nail I've got Max Factor Nailfinity in Disco Pink. After it was all dry and pretty I was staring at it and realised I had almost the same manicure last time I went to the salon (the hot pink was a China Glaze not Max Factor but that salon trip pushed me to buy I Theodora You)
So while (I think - not that you can really tell in my rubbish pictures) I did a better job than the girl at the salon, I was both unwilling to sport such boring nails annnnnnnnnnd nails I had had before, I decided these where just no good for blogging and out came the gems.



On my left (usually pictured hand) I placed some little light pink hearts in the center of my moon. I liked the effect of the light on light pink. and on my accent nail I got some cute little flower stickers for christmas I hadnt had a chance to try out so the white and pink flower contrasted the hot pink nail but i also thought it tied in all the coulous. The little flower looked very lonely at the top of my nail so I added 2 little purple gems as a stalk.


Snap Snap Snap 50 photos later, I remember I am going to the pub later and my right hand looks baaaarrrrrrrrrrrreeeee =[. Can not be having that, but not reallllllly wanting to use up allll my little pink hearts in 1 sitting I remember I have got some little heart shaped glitter/glequin bits in a pot, a little dark for what I wanted but hey - better than having boring nails. 
On inspection of my sticker sheet there are plenty of flower stickers so I decide it is ok to waste* one. Some hexagonal glitter/glequins made the stalk on my accent nail and VOILA! I liked the new effect so much I had to contort my hand to get a photo.




*I use the word waste for two reasons: 1, I had no intention at the time of blogging my right hand and 2, I suspect by tomorrow I will want to take it off and do something new or worse - one of the gems will catch and pop off (pleasantly surprised it didn't happen shuffling cards tonight to be honest) or smear the rest of my polish and I would have to take at least one nail off to redo it and in the process of fixing one nail other nails get all acetoned up so I have to take them all off (as happened last week - which reminds me there is a blog sitting in my drafts that needs pictures adding)


No comments:

Post a Comment