Sunday 2 June 2013

First Acrylic and Ombre nail attempt

Holla!!!
Hope you enjoy my first nail post!
Last night I did an Acrylic nail - that's right singularrrr - and had a go at ombre nails (which I've never tried before. Next time I try the Acrylic nails I'll post some step by step to show you how I got on!




Acrylic

So last night I cracked out the newly purchased Acrylic nails set and had a go on on ring and pinkie fingers of my left hand- I still have uni work to do and didn't want my typing speed to be impeded too much and I'm not supposed to do my nails properly until I finish university, but the pack came in the post and I am a sucker for temptation.

I bought the beginner Acrylic set by Naio because I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos with Gemma Lambert and hers was the beginner video I followed the easiest. I cannot comment really on how good this set is as it is the first time I've used anything like this.


I had a go at both white tips and just a nail extension. The White tip was not as easy as just doing a full clear extension but all in all I didn't think it was too bad considering it was my first attempt

I then decided to see how easy it was to soak off my pinkie to see how easy it was. The result was VERY easy - but that was more likely down to my lack of proper nail prep before applying and not because they come off super easy.

Ombre Nails

I then decided to paint my nails so the single Acrylic I was leaving on wouldn't look too out of place with the rest of my nails(to see how long it would last/ how difficult it would be to have it and how uncomfortable it would be - I have in the past had acrylics done at the salon that were so thick they just felt like they were weighing my finger tips down).


I filed the Acrylic tip down so it wasn't drastically longer than my other fingernails
I painted my left hand all orange and then spotted my yellow so thought I would give gradient a go. So for this hand I painted the top half of the nail with my yellow and then sponged it. The result, I think was pretty good.

For the right hand I did the "google approved method" of painting the pale colour all over and sponging the darker colour over the top - whether it was because it was my dominant hand or my method was a bit better, I didn't like the effect on my left hand as much.
I can see why it would be necessary for paler colours that don't have such good coverage - but my yellow covered over the orange really well.

If you're reading this I hope you enjoyed the beginning of my nail journey


Products:

Naio beginner acrylic nails set
Sinful Colours Polish in Unicorn - available at Boots
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Mango - GNP18 available online, at Boots and Superdrug

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post!!! its worth to read this. I found out some more great stuff to read.
    Newcastle Acrylic Nails

    ReplyDelete