Sunday 2 June 2013

The Beginning


"Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with A-B-C
When you sing you begin with do-re-mi"


Hellooooooo
I've been yammering on about creating a blog for months now, today I've finally decided to do it!!! This is more for my own benefit than expecting anyone to read it, and it will be nice to have somewhere to put my photos :D



So, I have always been into nail polish and nails and things, but up until I was about 16 I bit my nails quite badly so could never really do anything with them. Even after I weened myself off biting my nails they were always soft and brittle and snapped easily so they were never great to do anything with except a nice colour polish - and even then it was messy and chipped all the time as I still had a habit of putting my fingers in my mouth and was quite rough with my nails.

About a year ago I started watching YouTube videos and reading other nail blogs (the life of a Uni student ey - I had far too much time on my hands. I started learning about better nail care and about different polishes and things. I slowly began getting more adventurous with my nail polish and started doing some nail art on my nails.

When I discovered "shellac" gels was when the obsession really took over - I bought a lamp and a few polishes off Ebay and found with the harder gel coating my nails were stronger and could grow to a more respectable length than I had ever imagined my heavily damaged nails could grow.

I am still at university (technically - I graduate next month) and I do computer science which (as you can imagine) is heavy on the typing so having my nails any longer than the ends of my finger tips is a big no no. they were still quite long for what they were especially since the few times I have been to the salon to have my nails done it is always commented how short my nail beds are.

At a later date I might upload all my previous nail art attempts into a blog- but I have so many finding the time to sift through them all, well it probably wont happen.

So I started getting better at the gel nail polishes I decided, since I was leaving university and coming up to the summer I needed a new 'project' to get me through, what is doubtlessly going to be a very tough and disheartening couple of months searching for a 'real' job. So I decided I was going to teach myself how to do Acrylic nails, and this is where my story begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment