Monday 12 August 2013

Purpley Goodness =]



I Love Purple (if yellow wasn't my favourite colour purple definitely would be. But yellow is definitely NOT an easy colour to wear so purple is definitely my go to in all situations - I have more purple going out dresses than I do anything else)

So obviously my new purple varnishes seen here and here are my go to colours this month 

Discovering my Rimmel Salon Pro is ok for stamping was a GOD SEND!


My Thumb I waited till the next day to stamp and it basically had a fingerprint on it before stamping so it didn't stamp too evenly, but I thought it was quite nice being more distressed.


My index and ring fingers I did an ombre effect and I didn't wait long enough for the polish to dry before gel top coating so it went a little bobbly, to be honest I thought it added to the ombre effect (aren't textured nail varnishes in at the minute???)


My middle finger might be my favourite nail. nice and easy to do and looks great. 5 simple stripes of nail tape and a little purple gem to hide the join =]


CAVIAR NAILS - problem getting it to stick??? I don't think so ... problem with colour leeching???  Learn from me... DON'T APPLY A TOP COAT.
I've got many many many micro beads in varying colours. For this I used black and purple and light purple and pink, in a reverse ombre to the nails. These looked FAB until I painted the dreaded top coat. As you can see the colour ran hilariously. The sad part is a top coat was defiantly not needed.
If you're wondering I am writing this 2 days later and the balls are still ALLLL stuck. How you ask??
GEL!!! I know there are a lot of swarovski crystal YouTube tutorials suggesting they stick better with UV gel, so why shouldnt this work with caviar?? YOU'RE RIGHT it works perfectly.*

*if you don't have a UV lamp please don't go to boots and spend £70+ on a UV lamp kit you can get them on eBay soooooo much cheaper.



last but not least
my iddy biddy finger
After doing my sisters Butterfly nails I liked the butterfly (previously this finger was just plain purple) so stampy stamp stamp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment